Patrick Queen Size
- Height: 6-0
- Weight: 229
Patrick Queen Combine Results
- 40 Yard: 4.5
- Vertical: 35
- Bench Press: 18
Patrick Queen Stats
- 2019 Games Played: 15
- Total Tackles: 85
- Tackles for Loss: 12
- Sacks: 3
- Interceptions: 1
- Pass Deflections: 2
- Fumble Recoveries: 1
The Defensive MVP of the National Title Game and a former 5 star recruit, Patrick Queen figures to continue the LSU tradition of churning out starting caliber NFL linebackers. While he only has one year of full time starting experience, Queen demonstrated in 2019 that he has the athletic ability and skills to blossom into a starter at the next level, assuming he refines some underdeveloped aspects of his game.
Patrick Queen Scouting Report
vs. Oklahoma 2019 CFP
- Burst on the blitz evident - tough to stop downhill
- Active - often around the ball
- Understands angles
- A few missed tackles
- Struggles at times to disengage off blocks
- Not fooled by RPO in 3rd
vs. Auburn 2019
- Clearly he is a leader on defense - impressive pre-snap communication with teammates
- Looks like a Middle Linebacker - stout build
- Struggled to get off blocks
- Bad missed tackle towards ends of 2nd
- Not an "impact player" performance
vs. Clemson CFB Playoff 2019
- Big time performance
- Was an IMPACT player in this game
- Lots of success getting after the QB
- High motor
Patrick Queen Best Team Fits
- Cardinals: The Cardinals are in need of an upgrade at inside linebacker, Queen will likely garner significant consideration if he's on the board when the Cards pick in the 2nd round.
- Redskins: Nabbing Chase Young in the first and Queen in the second would go along way into turning the Redskins defense into a powerhouse.
- Rams: The Rams top two inside linebackers are set to become free agents - Queen could be a draft day solution if one or both end up leaving.
- Patriots: Kyle Van Noy, Jamie Collins, and Elandon Roberts are all 2019 free agents - Queen would be an intriguing replacement for anyone of them.