Mekhi Becton Size
- Height: 6-7
- Weight: 364
Mekhi Becton Combine Results
- 40 Yard: 5.10
- Bench Press: 23
Becton was a three year starter who showed improvement each season at Louisville. The 6-7, 369 pounder offers a tremendous amount of upside, he is however a bit raw and will need to refine his technique before excelling at the next level. Becton is a bit of a boom/bust candidate.
Mekhi Becton Scouting Report
vs. Clemson 2019
- Struggles to contain and sometimes misses moving targets when blocking on the move
- Some rawness to his game
- Not as consistently powerful as you'd expect - defenders occasionally get push on him - he does not stonewall the defender every time - though there were also moments where he effortlessly pushes guys into the ground
- Interested to see how he fares in agility drills at the Combine
- All in all an effective performance, but not dominant
- Upside evident - mammoth sized human being who is an effective blocker with room to improve
vs. Notre Dame 2019
- Effective at time simply due to size and length
- Sense some sluggishness
- When he recovers (after being beat) it is due to size, not quickness
- There were moments of excellence
- Definitely a bit of a work in progress but upside is evident
Mekhi Becton Best Team Fits
- Browns: Cleveland desperately needs a talent infusion on the offensive line, selecting Becton would be a nice place to start.
- Jets: While they have plenty of other needs, I like the idea of providing Sam Darnold with an upgrade at LT.
- Colts: Long-time starter Anthony Castonzo is set to become a free agent, Becton would be an exciting replacement.
- Buccaneers: Demar Dotson is getting old and is scheduled to hit free agency. Becton, who also has experience at RT, would be an intriguing option.