Javon Kinlaw Size
- Height: 6-5
- Weight: 324
Javon Kinlaw Stats
- 2019 Games Played: 12
- Total Tackles: 35
- Tackles for Loss: 6
- Sacks: 6
- Pass Deflections: 2
- Fumble Recoveries: 2
A disruptive DT with rare size and power, Kinlaw figures to go in the first round due to his Pro Bowl upside.
Javon Kinlaw Scouting Report
vs. Clemson 2019
- Double teamed for majority of game
- Very powerful player
- Built like a Power Forward - lots of length
- Played key role in goal line stand in 1st Quarter
- Clemson O-Line clearly game planned around containing his impact
- Not very fluid
- DId not have an eye-popping impact but made plays as both a pass rusher and run stuffer
- On the few occasions he was left one on one, Kinlaw was disruptive
vs. Missouri 2019
- Eat blockers, which allows teammates around him to make plays
- Impact is especially noticeable in goal line situations
- Can only be contained for a brief moment in one on one situations - almost requires double teams in order for opposing offense to function
- Limited rush repertoire - mostly bull rush after bull rush
- Will bat a lot of passes down at next level
- Similar to Clemson game - was not dominant at first glance but there is no questioning his disruptive impact, especially as it pertains to opening up gaps for his teammates
Best Team Fits
- Buccaneers: Kinlaw would be a logical replacement for impending free agent DT Ndamukong Suh.
- Broncos: The Broncos, who have have a history of drafting defensive talent high, are entering 2020 with numerous free agents along the D-line, making a Kinlaw an option at pick #14.
- Cowboys: DT qualifies as one of the Cowboys top needs and Kinlaw figures to come off the board around the time Dallas picks at #17.
- Jaguars: The Jaguars will likely consider a DT with one of their two first round picks, as current starter Marcell Dareus is set to become a Free Agent.