Derrick Brown Size
- Height: 6-5
- Weight: 326
Derrick Brown Combine Results
- 40 Yard: 5.16
- Vertical: 27
- Bench Press: 28
- 3 Cone: 8.22
Derrick Brown Stats
- 2019 Games: 12
- Total Tackles: 54
- Tackles for Loss: 11.5
- Sacks: 4
- Pass Deflection: 4
- Forced Fumbles: 2
Derrick Brown, a First Team All American in 2019, offers a unique combination of size, quickness, and herculean power. If Brown can add more pass rush moves to his repertoire, he could reach unstoppable levels at the next level. It is worth noting that his performance vs Alabama was not particularly impressive.
Derrick Brown Scouting Report
vs. LSU 2019
- Moments where he was lighting quick off the line
- Faced double teams for majority of game
- Very powerful
- Dominant bull rush in 1 on 1 situations
- A few moments where he flat out embarrassed LSU O-Line
- Plays with strong effort - doesnt give up on the play
- Eats up blockers, which open up lanes for teammates to make plays
- Didn't use often but his swim move was effective
- Power comes from lower half, can still develop upper body strength further
- Held numerous times but didn't get called
- Stout vs the run
vs. Alabama 2019
- Inconsistent burst off the line - sometimes excellent, sometimes lackluster
- Appreciate down field effort - will pursue ball carrier past the line
- Alabama RG was able to take him one on one
- A few splash plays late in game but for most part was neutralized by Alabama O-Line
- Type of performance that gives you pause considering his reputation
Best Team Fits
- Lions: Brown would represent a big time DT upgrade in Detroit.
- Chargers: A Bosa, Brown, Tillery, Ingram defensive line has a nice ring to it.
- Panthers: The Panthers must improve their defensive line - opposing teams ran all over them in 2019, Brown would be major help.
- Cardinals: Arizona needs to bolster their interior defensive line in a bad way.