Chase Young Size
- Height: 6-5
- Weight: 264
Chase Young Stats
- 2019 Games Played: 12
- Total Tackles: 46
- Tackles for Loss: 21
- Sacks: 16.5
- Forced Fumbles: 7
- Pass Deflections:3
If an NFL coach could construct an edge rusher in a laboratory... they'd end up with Chase Young, the 6-5, 264 beast from Ohio State, who somehow recorded 16.5 sacks and 21 tackles for loss in just 12 games in 2019. The scary part is that he hasn't even come close to reaching his ceiling yet - once he combines his herculean size and strength with a greater array of pass rush moves, opposing QBs may be better off staying the locker room.
Chase Young Scouting Report
vs. Clemson CFB Playoff 2019
- faced lots of double teams
- it appears as though Clemson game planned around staying away from him
- OLs can only contain him for a brief moment - even when double teamed - he is simply too powerful and too explosive
- ultra rare combination of size, explosion, quickness, and raw power
- a few instances where overpursued Lawrence on RPOs
- hits with a tremendous amount of force
- all the attention he gets from the O-Line opens up opportunities for teammates
- not very productive from a statistical standpoint
vs. Indiana 2019
- explosive burst off the line
- IU offensive lineman could not take him one on one
- power/explosion combo is just too much
Chase Young Best Team Fits
- Redskins: the Redskins are actually well stocked on the defensive line, but Chase Young is too talented to pass up with the 2nd overall pick.
- Giants: the Giants currently have one of the league's worst pass rush units - that would change with Young in the fold.
- Lions: Young is the explosive pass rusher Matt Patricia has been looking for since he arrived in Detroit.