Andrew Thomas Size
- Height: 6-5
- Weight: 315
Andrew Thomas Combine Results
- 40 Yard: 5.22
- Vertical: 30.5
- Bench Press: 21
Thomas is a former 5 star recruit who has racked up countless All-American and All-Conference honors since starting 15 games as a freshman. The Bulldog has impressive tape and is about as experienced as they come, with 41 career starts, most of them versus SEC opponents. He should start at Left Tackle in the NFL for a very long time.
Andrew Thomas Scouting Report
vs. LSU 2019
- Some fluidity to his game, moves well for a big man
- Even though listed height is same as Wills Jr - does not appear mammoth sized on tape
- Showed ability to block downfield
- Effective kick-slide/step
- Had a lot of reps v. K'Lavon Chaisson, fared well, Chaisson only beat him clean once. There were a few instances of Chaisson's speed rush generating some heat, but Thomas was able to recover in time.
- Powerful, but not quite as powerful as Wills Jr.
- In fact, may struggle, to an extent, as rookie to handle powerful NFL rushers
- Still very strong tape - was only beat one time
vs. South Carolina 2019
- Had some dominant moments - especially in run game
- Excellent concentration as pass blocker - locks in on assignment and relentlessly pursues/blocks until whistle blows
- Wasn't often, but occasionally struggles to keep up with speed rush - almost always recovers though
- Tape was in between effective and dominant - gets the job done but he is not always taking the defender's soul (the way Wills Jr. does)
Andrew Thomas Best Team Fits
- Giants: The Giants could use an upgrade at both OT spots.
- Dolphins: The Dolphins desperately need to rebuild their offensive line and that process should start with finding a quality Left Tackle like Andrew Thomas.
- Chargers: Perhaps no team in the league has struggled more over the past few years to solidify their offensive line than the Chargers. Adding Thomas would be another attempt at solving the problem.
- Browns: The future of the Baker Mayfield era in Cleveland may depend on whether or not the organization can protect him with a quality offensive line. Needless to say Thomas would be a welcome addition.