Need #1: Edge Rusher
The Giants need to add at least one, but ideally two players who can generate consistent heat. Resigning Markus Golden (who is coming off a 10 sack season) would be a start.
- Free Agency: Markus Golden, Yannick Ngakoue, Jadeveon Clowney, Dante Fowler Jr, Bud Dupree, Matt Judon, Vic Beasley, Emmanuel Ogbah
- Draft: AJ Epenesa, Yetur Gross-Matos, K'Lavon Chaisson, Curtis Weaver
Need #2: Offensive Tackle
Left Tackle Nate Solder is upgradeable and Right Tackle Mike Remmers is a free agent. The #4 overall pick in the draft seems like the right way to address this need.
- Free Agency: Jack Conklin, Bryan Bulaga, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Marcus Gilbert, Daryl Williams.
- Draft: Jedrick Wills Jr, Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, Mekhi Becton, Josh Jones
Need #3: Linebacker
Outside of impressive 2019 5th rounder Ryan Connolly, the Giants will have next to nothing on the Linebacker depth chart once free agency kicks off in March.
- Free Agency: Kyle Van Noy, Cory Littleton, Joe Schobert, Nick Kwiatkowski, Blake Martinez, Sean Lee
- Draft: Isaiah Simmons, Kenneth Murray, Patrick Queen.
Need #4: Cornerback
I'm not giving up on DeAndre Baker yet, but the Giants still need an upgrade opposite him.
- Free Agency: Byron Jones, James Bradberry, Chris Harris, Bradley Roby, Kendall Fuller, Trae Waynes, Jalen Mills
- Draft: Jeffrey Okudah, Kristian Fulton, Bryce Hall, A.J Terrell, Jeff Gladney.
Need #5: Wide Receiver
Darius Slayton may be a star but Shepard and Tate were mild disappointments, relative to their contracts. The WRs in this draft class may be too tempting and depth is needed.
- Free Agency: Danny Amendola, Paul Richardson, Nelson Agholor, Tavon Austin
- Draft: Jerry Jeudy, Ceedee Lamb, Henry Ruggs III, Tee Higgins
Need #6: Running Back
If Barkley misses games in the future the Giants must be better prepared than they were in 2019, when their backup RB were wholly ineffective.
- Free Agency: Jordan Howard, Dewayne Washington, Jonathan Williams, Peyton Barber
- Draft: Anthony McFarland Jr., Clyde Edwards Helaire
Need #8: Center
Starter Jon Halapio is a restricted free agent and may not be ready for the start of the season due to a torn achilles. The Giants need a long term solution at the position.
- Free Agency: Connor McGovern, Ted Karras, BJ Finney
- Draft: Tyler Biadasz, Jake Hensen, and Nick Harris.
Need #8: Quarterback
Alex Tanney needs competition at the backup spot.
- Free Agency: Case Keenum, Chase Daniel, Mike Glennon, Brett Hundley, Cooper Rush
- Draft: Not applicable