Need #1: Quarterback
The Philip Rivers era is over and the Chargers need to find a long term answer at the position... unless Tom Brady is interested.
- Free Agency: Tom Brady, Jameis Winston, Teddy Bridgewater
- Draft: Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, Jacob Eason, Jordan Love
Need #2: Running Back
Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler are free agents, if Ekeler is retained (as expected) but Gordon departs, the Chargers may need to add a complimentary back.
- Free Agency: Austin Ekeler, Melvin Gordon, Derrick Henry, Matt Breida, Kareem Hunt, Jonathan Howard
- Draft: Jonathan Taylor, J.K. Dobbins, D'Andre Swift
Need #3: Offensive Tackle
Aging LT Russell Okung could be an offseason cap casualty and RT Sam Tevi is upgradeable. Trey Pipkins may be a long term solution at one spot, but another OT is still needed.
- Free Agency: Jack Conklin, Daryl Williams, Halapoulivaati Vaitai
- Draft: Jedrick Wills Jr, Andrew Thomas, Tristan Wirfs, Mekhi Becton, Josh Jones
Need #4: Tight End
Hunter Henry is set to become a free agent and the Chargers don't have an obvious replacement for him, there TE depth chart in general is meek.
- Free Agency: Hunter Henry, Austin Hooper, Eric Ebron, Blake Jarwin, Jacob Hollister
- Draft: Brycen Hopkins, Cole Kmet, Hunter Bryant
Need #5: Defensive Tackle
The Chargers got a combined 0 sacks out of their starting DTs (Brandon Mebane and Justin Jones). While 2019 1st rounder Jerry Tillery offers hope for the future, the team still needs an upgrade next to him.
- Free Agency: Chris Jones, Arik Armstead, DJ Reader, Leonard Williams, Javon Hargrave, Maliek Collins, Michael Brockers, Quinton Jefferson, Timmy Jernigan.
- Draft: Derrick Brown, Javon Kinlaw, Ross Blacklock, Neville Gallimore
Need #6: Cornerback
Starting outside corner Casey Hayward is excellent and slot corner Desmond King it too talented not to bounce back from a down 2019, but at least one new starter is needed.
- Free Agency: Byron Jones, James Bradberry, Chris Harris, and Bradley Roby, Jalen Mills, Ronald Darby, Josh Norman, Aqib Talib
- Draft: Jeffrey Okudah, Bryce Hall, A.J Terrell, Jeff Gladney.
Need #7: Offensive Guard
Right Guard Dan Feeney hasn't been good since his rookie year in 2017. Left Guard Michael Schofield is a free agent, while former 2nd rounder Forrest Lamp can't seem to get on the field due to injury. A new addition could help solidify this very unstable unit.
- Free Agency: Joe Thuney, Brandon Scherff, Graham Glasgow, Greg Van Roten, Austin Peat, Ereck Flowers
- Draft: Solomon Kindley, Shane Lemieux, Tyler Biadasz, Nick Harris.
Need #8: Wide Receiver
Keenan Allen and Mike Williams make up a dangerous WR duo, but the Chargers have next to nothing behind them.
- Free Agency: Emmanuel Sanders, Randall Cobb, Danny Amendola, Paul Richardson, Devin Funchess
- Draft: Jalen Reagor, KJ Hamler