Need #1: Quarterback
Dak Prescott and his backup Cooper Rush are technically scheduled to hit free agency on March 18. Leaving the Cowboys without a starting and backup QB.
- Resign: Dak Prescott
- Free Agency: Tom Brady, Jameis Winston, Teddy Bridgewater, Chase Daniel, Case Keenum, Mike Glennon, Brett Hundley
- Draft: Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, Jacob Eason, Jordan Love, Jalen Hurt
Need #2: Cornerback
Byron Jones and Anthony Brown are set to hit free agency. Leaving the Cowboys with only Chidobe Awuzie (who is coming off a down year) and Jourdan Lewis. Also note that both Awuzie and Lewis are 2021 free agents.
- Free Agency: Byron Jones, James Bradberry, Chris Harris, Bradley Roby, Jalen Mills, Ronald Darby, Josh Norman, Aqib Talib.
- Draft: Kristian Fulton, Trevon Diggs, CJ Henderson, Bryce Hall, AJ Terrell
Need #3: Safety
The Cowboys have ignored this position long enough, they need an upgrade for Jeff Heath.
- Free Agency: Karl Joseph, Anthony Harris, Jimmie Ward, Ha Ha Clinton Dix, Damarious Randall, Tony Jefferson, Vonn Bell
- Draft: Grant Delpit, Xavier McKinney
Need #4: Wide Receiver
Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, and Tavon Austin are 2020 free agents, leaving the Cowboys with Michael Gallup and just about nothing else.
- Resign: Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb
- Free Agency: Robby Anderson, Breshad Perriman, A.J Green, Emmanuel Sanders, Nelson Agholor, Devin Funchess, Keelan Cole
- Draft: CeeDee Lamb, Henry Ruggs III, Tee Higgins, Laviska Shenault Jr., Jalen Reagor, KJ Hamler
Need #5: Defensive Tackle
Starter Maliek Collins is a free agent, while the other starter, Antwan Woods, is upgradeable.
- Free Agency: Chris Jones, D.J. Reader, Arik Armstead, Leonard Williams, Michael Pierce, Michael Brockers, Damion Harrison, A'Shawn Harrison, Quinton Jefferson
- Draft: Javon Kinlaw, Ross Blacklock, Neville Gallimore
Need #6: Defensive End
Robert Quinn (11.5 sacks) was awesome in 2019, but his outstanding play may make him a hot commodity on the free agent market. If he leaves, the Cowboys will need to address the opening at his DE spot.
- Resign: Robert Quinn
- Free Agency: Yannick Ngakoue, Jadeveon Clowney, Dante Fowler, Olivier Vernon, Emmanuel Ogbah, Carl Nassib, Jabaal Sheard, Ronald Blair
- Draft: AJ Epenesa, K'Lavon Chaisson, Yetur Gross-Matos
Need #7: Kicker
The Cowboys need to sign a kicker and could consider upgrading punter Chris Jones, who had a rough 2019.
- Resign: Kai Forbath
- Free Agency: Greg Zuerlein
- Draft: Rodrigo Blankenship, Branden Mann
Need #8: Offensive Tackle
Tyron Smith has not completed a full 16 game season since 2015, the Cowboys must begin developing his replacement. Cameron Fleming is an upgradeable swing tackle.
- Free Agency: Jason Spriggs, Cedric Ogbuehi
- Draft: Prince Tega Wanogho, Isaiah Wilson, Trey Adams